Saturday, November 17, 2007

JK's dream of Nov 15, 2007

A dream inside a movie wrapped in a rerun (which must have something to do with the writers' strike).

There was a Trek movie event (I think it may have been the new movie) and I was supposed to go with you and lot of other people. It was somewhere north of here, farther than El Cerrito. (!!) All these people kept showing up at the house I grew up in but I wasn't ready to go. I was frantically trying to find the address of the theatre and directions but my email kept crashing. Then we were all walking along a country road. Just as we stepped off the road, a plane sorta landed, sorta crashed. As we approached it, it burst into flames. Inside there were a bunch of soldiers just sitting like this was perfectly normal. Everyone I was with got in but I didn't because it gave me a creepy feeling. Then suddenly I was on the plane and I realized we were being kidnapped. The plane took off and turned into a bus - A SPACE BUS! It warped into space and I sat down. There was an old lady up front who kept saying "I think this is my stop." The driver was a big happy black woman. Turns out we weren't being kidnapped - this was a special bus (called the Zen Bus - I'm not kidding) that picked up people who couldn't get to the movie on their own and took them there. The movie was showing at a mall on another planet. We got there and because we were on the Zen bus, we got a backstage tour where the actors were preparing for a play. Not the Trek actors but one was a woman I'd worked with but neither of us could remember what show we'd done together.

Most of the rest of you went to find seats while I was talking to her so I (and a couple other stragglers) couldn't find you. It was a HUGE semi-circular theatre and we decided to get popcorn first and then look for the rest of you. The popcorn servings were ginormous. We finally found seats and when the movie started, they were showing --

Are you ready for this?

-- They were showing a Shatner dream I'd had earlier!!! I think this one was before we had the Dreams website but it was TWOK-era with Kirk looking fantastic. I can't remember the details now but I was thrilled that they'd made my dream into a movie.

No comments: